What to pack for a weekend is made much more complicated when that weekend involves a single small suitcase, 5 hours on a plane, and 4 days of all-day conference.
Me, I’m spending the weekend with a great group of colleagues at a conference for educators. I have one suitcase and need to make it through four days worth of professional-yet-casual outfits. What do I bring?
2. I think of colors as belonging to camps (more on that, here). Decide whether you’re going for browns (yellow, green, orange, etc) or for blacks (red, white, blue, grey, purple). When travelling, I go for blacks. That means black shoes, black belt, and all the red, white, and blue I can stand.
3. Pack a grey, corduroy blazer and a grey sweater. Swap between them every day. They’ll match everything and keep you warm if your conference is in Pennsylvania in March.
4. Find a tie which pops, and yet features a classic pattern, like this Fair Isle tie.
5. Dress classy, but be comfy.
6. Be on time for your sessions. Which reminds me…I’m late!