This is day 14 of a New Year’s Resolution.
1. Some things really are forever.
2. It’s possible to be an agent of change without even being alive.
3. Jewish comfort food is actually comforting.
4. The most important conversations are one-on-one, but they might require a little extra effort: eg. sleeping on a couch in your clothes or sitting in a freezing-cold parked car.
5. There are three sides to every story, and most of them don’t really matter.
6. The biggest gift you can give is listening. The second biggest gift is just being there, silent.
7. Crying is cathartic and healing and should be done with great gusto.
8. Family has more to do with who you call “grandpa” than genes or marriage.
9. Real, live teenage cousins are even better than students.
10. Not even forever is forever.